Join The Who Fan Club

The Who Official Band Website

November 26, 2012

The Who – Joe Louis Arena, Detroit

Photos by Andrew Potter/Olympia Entertainment

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to The Who – Joe Louis Arena, Detroit

mark says: December 12, 2012 at 6:31 am

Sat first row. Right in front of Roger.Seen the show back in 97 at the palace.The Who is my favorite British band probably entire world. Any ways Quadrophenia is my all time favorite album from start to finish, The band sounded great instrumently and Rogers vocals were right on. Needless to say i was in heaven. Nice to see Zac on the drums, he did a great job. Definately have to see this again so i guess i will see you guys in Ohio or somewhere for sure. I WANT TO DROWN IN COLD WATER>

Phil Schindler says: November 30, 2012 at 8:36 pm

We’ll done lads ,this was my 3 time seeing the who!! The show was so good.The stage, film clips ,rare solos from john&Keith made it real cool ,almost like that we’re there , just like the old days.Roger still can sing,Pete as well,much better than most of there peers!!!!! Keep rocking lads,hope to see you for a forth time!!

MikeN.D says: November 29, 2012 at 4:37 pm

Saw the who in Tempe AZ on Holloween night in 1982 there was 51,000 people there. then I just got to see you guys in Minneapolis on Nov. 27TH a much smaller group of people I can say one thing you guys sure put on a good show. Sound’d just as good as 30 years ago what a rock’n show I was so happy to get to see the Who again 30 years later I talk’d a friend into going with me he was impressed with you guys it was worth the trip from North Dakota to see the show too bad you guys don’t come to Fargo N.D. There most likely would be close to a sold-out show. You guys sound great still

Mark Meers says: November 28, 2012 at 6:01 am

Life after live Who performances is un—-imaginable. The Who (the two), however defined, always have, and certainly did, last Saturday, deliver a most thrilling and rocking show, leaving nothing behind. Rock/pop artists should take heart to the delivery of The Who’s live performance, intensity on stage, perserverence through tradgedy, triumph and contribution to their fan base.

A most fabulous touring band, re-produced a sound consistent with what we have been spoiled with in the original “Who” line-up. Zak Starkey was fabulous–Pino–super solid although you have the toughest shoes to fill ever! Frank Simes–brilliant! Keyboards, horns etc…you brought it all home with power and brilliance!

Roger’s voice was “spot on” and energy/presence on stage was nothing short of OUTSTANDING…Pete was like not a day passed in the last 30 years…the jumps were a bit lower to the ground, but the thrill of what he gives is like no other.

I am always amazed at what most define as a great concert, band & performance. All I can say is: If you have not seen the Who play live, make certain you do now! They are in fabulous forrm! You never will and I am vertaain

bob says: November 28, 2012 at 3:15 am

why the joe and not the palace.? great graphics and show

John Lattanzi says: November 28, 2012 at 6:11 pm

I think I can give an educated guess as to why the small venue. Having seen The Who in Pittsburgh on the 11th, I was constantly looking at available tickets. There were a lot of unsold tickets for the Console Energy Centre, and many great seats were still available the night before. I knew there would be a lot of loose tickets to be found for deep discount. Blame the economy, blame the new “Farewell Tour,” but it’s difficult to sell tickets to middle class fans. Only after several spectacular shows by Roger Waters and Bruce Springsteen did the tickets become scarce and affordable. Obviously, this was the beginning of the Who tour so most people never figured they would pull it off (myself included.) But when you see the show, you know, it’s the Real Deal. So the same situation occured in Detroit with many tickets available and unsold. But now the word is out!!!! This will snowball!!!! Via the media, this will become the specticle that it truely is. The band desirves it, the fans desirve it, and the new generation of Who fans will jump on board. If they came back to Pittsburgh or Detroit it would sell our in one hour. Just my thoughts.