Join The Who Fan Club

The Who Official Band Website

November 24, 2012

A Sad Week For The Who

The passing in one week of two great and long-time friends of The Who - Mike Shaw and Chris Stamp – is hard to bear.

May they rest in peace.

Tributes will follow…..

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to A Sad Week For The Who

Andrew Downing says: November 25, 2012 at 2:26 pm

While our encounter with Chris was brief at the Double “D” (thank you Roger)our sincere condolences go out to Roger, the band and the families. Rest in Peace Chris. Andrew and Melinda.

Danny McCullen says: November 25, 2012 at 1:59 pm

My Grand Mother once told me God never puts more on your shoulders,than you can bear. This has served me well over the years. Thoughts and prayers to all.

Steve Ozark says: November 25, 2012 at 9:08 am

Our family’s heart goes out to you both and to Chris’ and Mike’s families. Not enough to say thank you for giving your hearts to us tonight in Detroit. Your passion and dedication brought our family closer together in an evening we will always treasure.

Steve Ozark says: November 25, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Our family’s heart goes out to you both and to Chris’ and Mike’s families. Not enough to say thank you your band and cre for giving your hearts to us tonight in Detroit. Your passion and dedication brought our family closer together in an evening we will always treasure.

Vernon Brewer says: November 25, 2012 at 5:34 am

I knew Chris and Mike very well. The world will be a much sadder place without them. I am going to Mikes funeral service on 30th. Nov. in Cornwall, but I have no information about Chris’s arrangements. If anyone knows, I would be very grateful if they would post it on this website.

A very sad Vernon Brewer

Susan M says: November 25, 2012 at 4:44 am

So sad to hear about your loss as they have done a lot for the Who in the past, my condolences to the band, and may hey both rest in peace.