Join The Who Fan Club

The Who Official Band Website

February 26, 2013

Who'd have dreamt it? A dream comes true for a special young lady

A dream came true the night before last for a young lady called Josey, on her way to the Who’s show at the Verizon Wireless Centre in Manchester, New Hampshire. How? Because Roger Daltrey dedicated the show to Josey, a 12-year-old girl, blind since birth. He’d seen Josey and her family from his limo. They were struggling through a blizard on the way to the venue.  Josey was wearing a Who T-shirt and walking with a cane. Roger arranged for them to be brought backstage before the show to meet him, as Ray Duckler reports in Concord Monitor. Click here for full report .

The following day, Roger got in touch on Skype with the editor of thewho.com and the band’s Facebook and Twitter to ask him to apologise to Josey. It seems that during his dedication to her from the stage,  he’d inadvertently got her name wrong and addressed her as  Chelsea. “I must have been thinking about the Arsenal – Chelsea game,” said Roger, ever the football fan.

The message got through and Josey’s mother, Lucy,  responded. “We are ecstatic, Roger,” she wrote. “You have made our dreams come true!  Thank you. We are honored and so blessed!! XOXO”.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Who'd have dreamt it? A dream comes true for a special young lady

joe says: February 27, 2013 at 7:14 pm

I swear the older I get, the more I love the Who & their music. (I’m 57, a fan since 17 ) God bless Pete & Roger. Josey is now a fan for life !

Amelia says: February 27, 2013 at 4:52 pm

I was wondering what the connection was. How completely awesome for them, and how thoughtful of you! The show was outstanding. You are truly master musicians and it was a privilege to be there. Thank you!

Lucy Murayda says: February 27, 2013 at 2:51 pm

I had a feeling it was about football! I know Roger is an Arsenal fan!! Thanks again so much, I am very proud to be a life-long fan of The Who, and now, Josey will be too. She has been singing Quadrophenia songs non-stop since the show, memorized, word for word for months now.”I’m One” is certainly her favorite.. She sang the National Anthem at a college basketball game last night, and all I could think of when she took the mic, was hearing “Every year is the same…” coming out of her mouth! She didn’t, but did sing it in the car on the ride home. Much Love xoxo – Lucy

mary doshak says: February 27, 2013 at 1:12 pm

You picked the ”right” 2 people to bestow such an honor to….Lucy lives and breathes ”The Who”.and has done for years…and naturally Josey is too…Thank you for making her dream come true…They are my nieces,and I am so proud of their accomlishments..By the way, I saw you perform back in the middle of the sixties in Colchester,UK…..You were AWESOME

Sheila Khader says: February 27, 2013 at 7:35 am

You guys have filled Josey’s life with wonder and amazement, Josey and her mum Lucy are just beside themselves with complete wonder, what an amazing thing for you guys to do, you all rock!!!

Karen Skeffington says: February 27, 2013 at 1:47 pm

What a wonderful, caring, thoughtful thing to do for a young girl. We would all like to thank The Who for coming to Manchester. The show was absolutely mesmerizing. The show made all of us feel like teenagers again.